About this Guest Post (GP)
In her first guest post Marieke Guy summarised the eleven IWMW events she has attended. In this post she shares her top ten list of “crazy titles for sessions that facilitators [have] come up with“. This sounds like a great idea for further blog posts. If you have any ideas for other top ten lists associated with IWMW events, please get in touch.
My Top 10 IWMW Session Titles
In my previous post I mentioned the crazy titles for sessions that facilitators come up with. I wanted to share my top 10 with you!
- It Always Takes Longer Than You Think (Even If You Think It Will Take Longer Than You Think). Facilitated by Peter Walker, ILRT, University of Bristol (IWMW 2003)
- Responding to the Cookie Monster. Facilitated by Claire Gibbons, University of Bradford and John Kelly, Jisc (IWMW 2012)
- Give The Dog A Plone. Facilitated by Dominic Hiles & Dr Kieren Pitts, ILRT, University of Bristol (IWMW 2003)
- ‘Not blue, a bit random, and not too Scottish’: Designing a Web site the hard way…..? Facilitated by Debbie Nicholson, Web Support Officer, University of Essex (IWMW 2006)
- Know Me Knowing YouTube. Facilitated by Adrian Stevenson, Internet Services, The University of Manchester (IWMW 2007)
- Mashups Round the Edges. Facilitated by Mike Ellis, Eduserv and Tony Hirst, Open University (IWMW 2009)
- A Little Project Management Can Save a Lot of Fan Cleaning. Facilitated by Peter Barnes, University of Reading, and Matt Jukes, Jisc (IWMW 2010)
- My superpower is content curation. What’s yours? Facilitated by Relly Annett-Baker,Headscape (IWMW 2010)
- The Xcri-cap Files. Facilitated by Rob Englebright, Jisc, and Claire Gibbons, University of Bradford (IWMW 2012)
- How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The E-Strategy. Facilitated by Tracey Stanley, University of Leeds (IWMW 2002)
Also special mention goes to the following titles which, although they didn’t make the top 10, made me smile!
- The Web Of Higher And Further Education: How To Deal With The Spiders. Speaker: Professor David Melville, University of Kent (IWMW 2003)
- WHS WEB S IT NEWY? – Including Mobile Phone Users in the Loop. Facilitated by Adrian Tribe, Birkbeck College (IWMW 2005)
- One Query To Rule Them All’ – Cross-database Searching and Finding. Facilitated by Mike Lowndes, Natural History Museum (IWMW 2013)
- “You are ALL so weird!” University sector analysis and trends. Speaker: Ranjit Sidhu, SiD (IWMW 2013)
Marieke Guy is a data analyst at the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. Prior to this she spent two years working on open education and data projects at Open Knowledge. Marieke was co-chair of IWMW for a number of years while working at UKOLN at the University of Bath. She used to blog about remote working but has given that up now she spends her days in a real office. You can read more about her various roles managing digital information on her website: http://www.mariekeguy.co.uk/