In its 25 years of existence IWMW, the annual Institutional Web Management Workshop event, has fostered a thriving community and enabled people managing institutional web services to enhance their skills, share best practices and develop their professional networks.
From 1997 until 2013 the IWMW event was provided by UKOLN and supported by JISC. Following the cessation of JISC’s core funding for UKOLN the IWMW 2014 event was provided by Cetis and Jisc Netskills in conjunction with Brian Kelly, who founded the event. Since then IWMW event have been organised by Brian Kelly (UK Web Focus) and the host university, supported by an advisory group.
The IWMW 2020 event was scheduled to take place at the University of Dundee on 30 June – 2 July 2020. However due to Corona virus the event has been postponed until 2021.
- The IWMW 2019 event took place at the University of Greenwich on 25-29 June 2019
- The IWMW 2018 event took place at the University of York on 11-13 July 2018
- The IWMW 2017 event took place at the University of Kent, Canterbury on 11-13 July 2017
- The IWMW 2016 event took place at Liverpool John Moores University, on 21-23 June 2016
- The IWMW 2015 event took place at Edge Hill University on 27-29 July 2015.
- The IWMW 2014 event took place at Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne on 16-18 July 2014.
The IWMW Blog
In addition to the annual IWMW event the IWMW blog was launched in February 2016 in order to support the sharing of best practices for managing institutional web services within the UK’s higher education sector.